Acne and Gut Health
Did you know there could be a connection between your acne and your gut health? Studies show that improving your gut could lead to resolution of your acne and overall better skin health! Here are some tips to improve your gut function and help clear your skin.
- Eliminate- Try eliminating gluten, dairy or sugar- either all together or progressively- removing each or all for at least 3 weeks to determine if any of these potentially inflammatory foods could be a trigger.
- Replace- Try replacing potentially low stomach acid with bitters, diluted apple cider vinegar or betaine hcl- if this causes any burning or reflux stop them immediately. If it does not you can try an HCL challenge or baking soda challenge (contact us for more info) and see if this helps your skin.
- Reinoculate- Try providing your body with a healthy bacteria that could rebalance your microbiome- studies have shown that Lactobacillus Paracasei, Bifido Bifidus and various other mixed probiotic lactobacillus and bifido strains have helped improve acne.
- Repair- Try repairing your potentially leaky gut membrane with helpful products such as L-glutamine, aloe, turmeric and coconut oil.
- Restore- Try relaxation techniques like meditation, deep breathing and guided imagery as well as restorative sleep to help reduce the stress response as stress increased inflammation and inflammation can lead to acne.
For more info watch this video: