DETOX SUPPORT FOR LIVER REPAIR
Liver detoxification is a popular topic, particularly early in any new year, and there are many nutrients that can help support any liver detoxification program. Let’s dive into the key players:
- Milk Thistle- this important herb helps eliminate toxins and heavy metals, and helps those who are on chronic medications that impair their liver function.
- Dandelion Root- this herb can be taken as an extract or used in a tea and can be helpful as a diuretic, to boost your immunity and balance your microbiome!
- Glutathione- an amazing antioxidant that is essential in removing heavy metals, ridding the body of toxins and boosting mitochondria and energy. An important precursor to this, N-acetylcysteine, can be helpful in all of the above as well as energy function, fertility and hormone balance.
- Alpha lipoic acid- another staple in your detox program- it is a precursor for glutathione but also helps manage blood sugar and provide fuel for energy (think healthy mitochondria!)
- Methylation nutrients- this means active and powerful forms of vitamin b like methylfolate, p5p (pyridoxal 5 phosphate), and methylcobalamin. These nutrients help your body detoxify, particularly if you have a genetic methylation defect, like MTHFR (I encourage you to check your genetic profile if you find you are having trouble detoxifying).
For more info on detox support check out this video: